The Freshest Strawberry Ice Cream
makes 1 quart
This recipe is adapted from the one I saw in Gourmet last month. I’ve made a few adjustments here. Still, I think there’s room for improvement, and will likely keep tinkering with it.
1 lb strawberries, hulled
1 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups heavy cream
1. Hull and quarter the strawberries, then add the sugar, lemon juice and salt.
2. Crush, mash and beat ‘em up. You can use a pastry blender, potato masher or fork. Let them sit and macerate for 15 minutes. The sugar pulls the juices out.
3. Next, pour half of this mix into a blender or food processor and blend till smooth. Pour back into the bowl with the remaining crushed strawberries.
4. Pour in the heavy cream and whisk it all together.
5. Wrap and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours and then spin in an ice cream maker. Transfer to the freezer to firm up.
Printed from PastryPal.com: http://www.pastrypal.com
URL to original: http://www.pastrypal.com/2009/08/pure-strawberry-ice-cream/
Copyright © Irina Kogan. All rights reserved.